Aeronautical Decicion Making
This outreach guidance is provided to all FAA and aviation industry groups that are participating in outreach efforts sponsored by the General Aviation Joint Steering Committee (GAJSC). It is important that all outreach on a given topic is coordinated and is free of conflicts. Therefore, all outreach products should be in alignment with the outline and concepts listed below for this topic.
Outreach Month: January 2021
Topic: Aeronautical Decision Making - ADM (LOC-SE-3)
The FAA and industry will conduct a public education campaign emphasizing the safety benefits of effective ADM
The General Aviation Steering Committee (GAJSC) Loss of Control work groups contend that many GA accidents stem from inadequate ADM and safety resource management. The GAJSC also feel that promoting and teaching sound decision making and resource management processes will result in safer General Aviation operations.
- Discuss the hazards associated with poor decision making and resource management.
- Discuss the safety benefits of Safety Risk Management and Flight Risk Assessment Tools (FRATS).
- Acquaint pilots with the availability of ADM resources.
- Encourage pilots to adopt sound ADM processes.
- Aeronautical Decision Making PowerPoint