WINGS in 57 Seconds youtu.be/KGgGzZ_HD1w
Got WINGS? youtu.be/hg7fKNsdPss
Pilot Proficiency Training youtu.be/8uTh25OxtN8
Soaring With WINGS faasteamtv.com/WINGS
General Aviation Joint Steering Committee
Loss of Control Working Group
Outreach Guidance Document
This outreach guidance is provided to all FAA and aviation industry groups that are participating in outreach efforts sponsored by the General Aviation Joint Steering Committee (GAJSC). It is important that all outreach on a given topic is coordinated and is free of conflicts. Therefore, all outreach products should be in alignment with the outline and concepts listed below for this topic.
Outreach Month: March 2021
Topic: Pilot Proficiency and WINGS
The FAA and industry will conduct a public education campaign emphasizing the value of regular proficiency training.
Proficiency training is so beneficial to aviation safety that it is required of most professional pilots. Proficiency training is also beneficial to general aviation pilots as well. Studys have shown that pilots who participate in regular proficiency training are much less likely to experience accidents.
The FAA WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program is one way for general aviation pilots to ensure they are competent, confident, and safe in their flight operations.
Note: This program discusses WINGSPro activities. We suggest you invite local WINGSPros to attend and to assist with the presentation.
- WINGS is FAA’s Pilot Proficiency Program.
- WINGS is most beneficial if training is not done all at once but rather spaced out throughout the year.
- The WINGS Topic of the Quarter is an easy way to pursue regular proficiency training.
- Completion of any phase of WINGS satisfies the 14 CFR 61.56 requirements for Flight Reviews.
- A cadre of WINGSPros is available to assist Flight Instructors and pilots with WINGS.
- Pilot Proficiency and WINGS PowerPoint
- AC 61-91J – WINGS – Pilot Proficiency Programs
- AC 61-98D – Currency Requirements and Guidance for the Flight Review and Instrument Proficiency Check