Arizona Pilots Association Scholarship Program
The APA awards scholarships each year to deserving Arizona high school and college students. With these scholarships we hope to further the education of individuals who intend to work in the field of aviation as a pilot, aircraft maintenance technician or other related field. Applicants should maintain a scholastic position in the upper half of their class, demonstrate leadership qualities, moral character, and concern for others through community service. Applicants must certify their intent to use the scholarship funds toward education in the field of aviation through participation in an aviation-related field in college, flight training or another related educational program.
The enduring goals of APA's scholarship program are:
- To assist young men and women from Arizona in achieving a vocational or post-secondary education. APA awards annual scholarships to help fill the unmet financial need of students pursuing aviation-related education opportunities at accredited colleges, universities, and technical institutions.
- To promote a wider and deeper respect for learning in general aviation and for exceptionally talented individuals in particular
- To shine a spotlight on deserving students and encourage the pursuit of academic excellence at all levels of education
If you are interested in applying for a scholarship, please carefully review the requirements and submit the application and required documents. Use the cover letter to tell us anything else you would like us to know about you and your aviation related goals.
Required Documents Checklist:
- Completed online application (see application link below)
- Copy of current school transcript and/or resume
- Cover letter indicating your interest in the scholarship and any other information you would like us to know (one page maximum)
- Professional recommendation letter(s) from employers, teachers, etc. (required)
Applications Deadline: Completed applications are due no later than October 31, 2022.
- Google Account Required – the online application uses the Google Forms tool and requires you to have a Google email account to access the application. If you do not already have a Google account, you can sign up for free at google.com. You will need to log in to your Google account to access and submit the application from the APA website.
- Required Documents - the transcript, cover letter and recommendation letter(s) are uploaded to the online application as separate Word or pdf documents.
Scholarship Application Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfK0Jg11BwaM1UXgTOILIL0dfTiQvP7idjt-klR82ZRXU9jRA/viewform?usp=sf_link
The APA is an Arizona nonprofit corporation organized as described in the Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(3). Donations to the scholarship fund are tax deductible. The APA is an all-volunteer organization and every dollar invested goes directly to this work.
If you would like to contribute online, please see our scholarship donation page.
You can also mail a check to the address below and please write "Scholarship Fund" in the check's memo.
Arizona Pilots Association
PO Box 61242
Phoenix, AZ 85082-1242
CHAIRMAN’S CLUB – Contributions totaling $1,000 or more
PRESIDENT’S CLUB - Contributions totaling $500 to $999
DIRECTOR’S CLUB - Contributions totaling $400 to $499
OFFICER’S CLUB - Contributions totaling $300 to $399
EDUCATOR’S CLUB - Contributions totaling $200 to $299
AVIATOR’S CLUB - Contributions totaling $100 to $199
SCHOLARSHIP CLUB - Contributions totaling $20 to $99
The Scholarship Program recipients were:
~ Matthew - Will be graduating shortly and then attending flight school for his commercial rating
~ Devon – Has a private license and is also going for his commercial rating
~ Austin – After receiving his Bachelor’s, will be going into the Air Force
~ Colby – Will be attending school to become an AMP
~ Michael – Will also be attending school to become an AMP
~ Theresa – Is an APA volunteer and has applied to the American Airlines Cadet Program
(APA Gives $6,000 in Scholarships in 2017, read the full article here...)
Baby Kaithe Tampos
(Avery Nelson wasn’t able to be present when the scholarship checks were presented,
but he was proudly represented by his father.)
Tyler Myers - Perry HS in Gilbert
Travis Bodine - Corona Del Sol HS in Tempe
Dylan Kuchan - Mountain View HS in Mesa
Ephinee Zaragoza - Mountain Pointe High School
Jonathon Higgins - Desert Ridge High School
Tyler Dears - Mountain Pointe High School
Eric White - Highland High School
To assist young men and women from Arizona in achieving a vocational or post-secondary education school education. APA awards annual scholarships to help fill the unmet financial need of students pursuing aviation-related education opportunities at accredited colleges, universities, and technical institutions.